Monday 12 September 2011

The Journal of Aubrey Wren

Aubrey's Journal
12/09/2011

Well the birthday present (this journal) from Liz is coming in handy, I've got a doozy of a story and I don't trust computers (I'm old school) hopefully at some point I'll be able to use this as part of my novel.

Here's the low down. Harper (the boss) wanted a piece on an up and coming MP. He's young, charismatic and intelligent (the candidate not my boss) and no one has anything on him.

Well, I say no one. I might have found something hidden away.

It appears he was involved in a car accident when he was younger and his girlfriend of the time (who was in the car) vanished without a trace.

The story was buried it seems, so it's only right that I un-bury it.

It's a two man job, so my colleague is helping me out (luckily he grew up in the same area as the candidate) I don't understand why he's stuck in a low level newspaper for a local town as that kid has talent, real talent.

Well when this is released I'll be taking him out of that job and into the lime light! I owe him that much anyway.

So I'm currently sitting in my room in Port Isaac, Cornwall. It seems that the parents of that poor missing girl are both dead, and her only living relative is her grandmother who lives near here. I'm in Port Isaac investigating this lead whilst my colleague goes to try and find some more info where he's at. Hopefully he'll turn up something useful.

It's pouring it down with rain here tonight, thank god I got decent accommodation. Notes on their dinner will follow forthwith.

Should probably get Liz a gift whilst I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment